Valeska Salazar 10B
How well do you know your teachers? Our Cumbres community is made up of some of the funniest and best teachers and staff around. I thought it would be fun if we all got to know a few together. I came up with 3 questions. Read to find out their funny answers.
- What is your favorite dish from the cafeteria?
- If you could have a superpower what would it be and why?
- If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?
Edwin Antiche (English teacher):
- Edwin’s favorite ServiExpress dish is frijoles. How you bean?
- Edwin would love to be able to read people’s minds because he is curious to know about people’s desires, wishes and dreams. Can you imagine him reading our minds in class?
- Edwin would like to travel to Indonesia. He certainly has the beach on his mind!
Astrid Múnera (Secretary):
- Astrid loves the Ajiaco from the cafeteria. Who knew they had ajiaco. Isn’t that a dish from “Bogotaland”?
- Astrid would like to have the power of giving food to the less fortunate. We love Astrid. I don’t think she realizes that her superpower is putting up with all the high school students.
- Astrid wants to go to Greece. She’d have a blast on a Big Fat Greek Island! Opa!
Juan Carlos Vásquez (Ethics teacher):
- Juan Carlos packs his own food, but he really enjoys the Milo.
- Juan Carlos’ superpower would be to not have to sleep. He wants to be able to do more things. I don’t know about you, but I’d rather not do much and just sleep.
- San Andrés. Did you know San Andrés is famous for having the sea of seven colors because when you arrive on the island from the plane you can see the different shades of blue and green in the sea?
Sergio León, AKA “Checho” (Art teacher):
- Omelette with spinach and chicken. Checho is fancy going for the Omelette. ServiExpress has tastes from all over the world.
- Checho’s superpower is to fly. He could be anywhere in the world. Another bonus would be not having to deal with Medellin traffic or “pico y placa”.
- Paris is Checho’s must-go place. He can have plenty of Omelettes and a few crepes too. C’est la vie!
Miss Lina Correa (English Head Teacher):
- Miss Lina would like to slow down time to get more things done. The days are long, but the years are short!
- Egypt. Fun Fact about Egypt, Cleopatra actually wasn’t Egyptian. She was from Greece.
Jean Paul (Catholic formation teacher):
- Jean Paul enjoys the pastel de pollo with Pepsi. Now we are talking, pastel de pollo has to be one of the greatest Colombian inventions.
- Be in multiple places at the same time. Jean Paul choses this as his superpower, because he wants to share various spaces with special people without being limited by the laws of physics.
- New Zealand. He should have put flying as his superpower, he would get to New Zealand faster!
Juan Carlos Henao (Chemistry teacher):
- Burrito with chicken, meat, lettuce and guacamole. Another international option for ServiExpress. Órale!
- Teleportation. Juan Carlos chooses teleportation as his superpower because he doesn’t like commuting. Say goodbye to Pico y Placa.
- Cappuccino with a chocolate croissant. Who knew Fr. Anderson was French?
- Father Anderson would like to change people’s hearts. He chooses this power because he knows that everyone just wants to do good.